幸町について

幸町について

Historical background of Saiwai-cho

「幸町という所,往古「土器屋(はじや」と云り。其故は国府なる故に古実の神事数多あり。」

(府中雑記)(Fuchu miscellany memorandum)
恋瀬川沿いの田園風景と紫峰筑波山を望む台地の斜面に,常陸國府中幸町(現茨城県石岡市幸町)はある。
古くは,「土器屋」と呼ばれたこの地域では,祭器などの土器の生産が行われ,幸町北遺跡からも,奈良,平安時代の土器が出土している。宝永年間(1704年~1710年)には,郡奉行の井上源蔵が町名を幸町に改称した。坂下から西愛宕,常陸國総社宮の参道までの道は,勅使の通行した道,即ち御幸道路なので,それが名の起こりだとある。近世以降,府中13町の一つとされる。

府中雑記では,「窪手平賀(くぼてひらか)という土器を制せし所也と云い伝う。寛政年中に至りても市助というもの土器を天王祭礼(祇園祭礼)に献ず。」とあり,江戸期の祇園祭礼においても,土器を献上していたことがわかる。
また,江戸時代,常陸府中藩の南玄関口であった幸町には見付が置かれ,日天宮前に門があった。現在,市内冨田町にある酒蔵,府中誉の門は,その当時の門を移築したものだと伝えられている。

Saiwai-cho is one of the districts in Ishioka and is formerly known as Hitachikokufuchu Saiwai-cho (one of capitals of the historical local provinces of Japan), and is located in the silent landscape of Koise riverside where there is a panoramic view of Mt. Tsukuba. In ancient times, this area was called an earthen vessel place, as earthen vessels of the era (7th -11th century) were unearthed from Saiwai-cho north antiquity. Fuchu-zakki (Fuchu miscellany memorandum) describes that pottery tributes on Gion festival even in 17th -19th century. During 1704- 1710, Genzo Inoue of the county magistrate changed the town’s name to Saiwai-cho, and its meaning came from Miyuki-dori Avenue where imperial messengers had passed thru to the Hitachinokuni Sosyagu.
A gate used to be in front of Nittengu shrine, and a castle gate was placed in Saiwai-cho as of the south gateway of Hitachi-fuchu domain.

幸町の位置

幸町の獅子

Saiwai-cho Shishi (lion dog costume)

現在,幸町の獅子頭として四基を所有。
初代獅子頭については,製作者,制作年ともに不明(現在調査中)

Currently, we have 4 units of Shishi (lion dog costume for dance performance).
For the first Shishi, both the producer and the production year are unknown (currently checking).

幸町の山車

Saiwai-cho Dashi (float)

昭和27年制作。
山車人形は武甕槌命(鹿島神宮の神)

Produced in 1952.
A front shelf doll of the festival float is Takemikazuchi, "Thunder-God" (God of Kashima Shrine, the chief shrine of Hitachinokuni shrine).

山車人形

A front shelf doll of the Saiwai-cho float

幸町の山車人形は、武甕槌命。鹿島神宮の主神である。

古く、奈良の都より遣わされし国司は、常陸國一ノ宮である鹿島神宮を参拝した後、霞ヶ浦を渡り国府(現石岡市)へ赴いた。そして、常陸國の神々を祀った総社宮へ参拝し、国府にて行政を司ったのである。鹿島と総社を結ぶ道となる幸町では、武甕槌命を山車に乗せ奉り、常陸國総社宮大祭において巡行を行なっている。

A front shelf doll of the festival float is Takemikazuchi, "Thunder-God" (God of Kashima Shrine, the chief shrine of Hitachinokuni shrine).
In ancient times, a provincial governor dispatched from the capital of Nara worshipped Kashima Shrine located in southern part of Ibaraki Prefecture, and he crossed Kasumigaura Lake and went up to Kokufu (now Ishioka city). Then, he worshipped Sosyagu (Hitachinokuni Main Shrine), and handled administration in Kokufu. Saiwai-cho is the pathway between Kashima shrine and Soshagu shrine. As such, we enshrine Takemikazuchi (Thunder-God of Kashima Shrine) on our float, and parade during Hitachinokuni Sosyagu festival.

恋瀬川について

Koise river

筑波山麓から霞ヶ浦へ。
幸町坂下を南東方向へ流れる恋瀬川。この恋瀬川と竜神山から流れる山王川の間の台地が旧石岡市街となる。
古歌に

恋瀬川 うきなを流す 水上も 袖にたまらぬ 涙なりけり
大江政国女
水の上の 泡ときえなば 恋瀬川 流れてものは 思はさらまし
恋瀬川 つれなく中に 行く水は 年もせかれぬ 涙なりけり
藤原家隆

From the foot of Mt. Tsukuba to Kasumigaura Lake, Koise River flows southeastwards at Saiwai-cho downhill. The plateau between the Koise River and Sanno River from Ryujin Mountain is the old Ishioka city.